Al-Shabaka: The Palestinian Policy Network, is an independent, non-partisan, and non-profit organization whose mission is to educate and foster public debate on Palestinian human rights and self-determination within the framework of international law. It was co-founded in 2009 and launched in 2010. Its small staff team is based in different parts of the world and it has some 200 policy analysts and members in its network.
Al-Shabaka seeks an Executive Director to build on the progress achieved to date and take the organization to the next level, working closely with the staff team and reporting to the board of directors. The ED would provide strategic leadership, serve as the organization’s main public face and lead its fundraising efforts. The successful candidate will have:
- A solid grasp of the Palestinian question, current and across time, and an in-depth understanding of Palestinian positioning within the Arab world and internationally with the ability to steer the organization effectively through diverse external environments.
- A solid record in policy analysis as well as in effective public speaking, writing op-eds, and media appearances.
- A proven track record in fundraising, both with major donors and foundations.
- Experience of organizational strategic planning and visioning as well as demonstrated capacity in nurturing allies and building networks.
- An excellent command of English and good command of Arabic.
Location: US East Coast or in the Arab region.
TO APPLY: Please email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Please indicate “Executive Director application” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis starting October 15; please apply as soon as possible.